We are not referring to ecommerce websites specifically but rather to the fact that every website needs to sell.
Your website is the foundation of your digital marketing strategy. It’s the first thing you need to set up when you embark on marketing your business on the internet. Your website needs to be well planned and must meet your strategic objectives. It is more than good design and is also about functionality that you need to put in place so that your website works hard to achieve your objectives.
Here are some of the characteristics of a website that sells:
- Visitors spend more time interacting with your website.
- The contents of your website helps visitors begin to trust you. The journey of trust that starts on your website should continue with a lead nurturing strategy that works even when visitors leave your website.
- A website that sells results in more interest and enquiries.
- Better Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
- Attractive modern design.
- Responsive layout to give a good experience of your brand for visitors using mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets.
- Websites that sell make it easy for visitors to share your content on social networks.
Does your current website sell? What can be improved to make it more effective from a lead generation point of view?
In addition read this article and download the Essential Website Checklist which has some of the more technical aspects that you would need to consider.